Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Gisela Dulko: 2010 US Open

Argentine Gisela Dulko is into the third round of the 2010 US Open. Fernando Gago's girlfriend defeated number 10 seed Victoria Azarenka in her second-round match on Wednesday morning.

The 25-year-old Argentinean star was pasting Azarenka 5-1 in the first set when the Belarusian collapsed on the court, where the temperature was well above 100 degrees.

Dulko went to her aid and asked the ball boys to bring ice.

Speaking about the incident, Dulko said: "After that you don't think about tennis, you are just worried about your opponent.

"Now she has gone to the hospital so I guess it's something serious and I hope she is feeling good soon."

Asked about the conditions, Dulko added: "I'm used to this kind of weather but on the first day when I went to practice I was feeling dizzy as well.

"It's hard to play in these conditions and today I am much better because I have been here a few days, but it's tough."

No comments:

Post a Comment